Monday, May 5, 2014

Social Circles and Close Friends

When I am in high school and college, my social circle is set.I have friends in class, people to eat lunch with, friends to hang out with on a Saturday night. If something goes wrong, there is a whole list of people I can call to talk about it.
After graduation, years pass, social circles change and close friends fade away. It seems like my social circle starts to compress. The modern workplace is often more work than social time. That means that I may spend over a third of your day with people that I don’t really know that well. I end up spending so much time with my partner that I don’t have much time to keep up friendships.
Now I've tried to be more social and go out more often, I usually end up wishing I was at home. When I get into a serious relationship, my social circle can get even tighter. I've often wondered if there was something wrong with me in that I don't really feel the need to be with other people.I was just more curious if there were others out there who feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment